Site and Production Supervisor
Do you have excellent hands-on construction expertise and the ability to manage on-site projects for high-end customers? Solardome is looking for someone with knowledge of production engineering, manufacturing and installation of curtain walling/glazing systems to lead the build team by example.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to have a key role in a specialist aluminium dome design, manufacturing and construction company. Think Eden Project Biomes but on a smaller scale.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for product quality, health and safety, and ensuring a smooth and efficient turn around for all orders from manufacturing to site construction and aftercare.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a varied and challenging role with scope for growth to a managerial role for someone who has a variety of practical skills and wants to make a difference in a small but ambitious company.
The role is approximately 60% office/factory based, and 40% off-site for dome installations both in the UK and overseas. You must therefore be able to work away from home for several days at a time.
For this diverse and challenging role you be involved in all aspects of the operations side of the business. In particular you must be comfortable leading and snagging a build project, dealing with glazing systems and working at height.
- Responsible for the manufacture of components and installation of domes
- Working to KPIs covering quality control, production scheduling, and budgeting
- Supervising and training the factory and installation team members
- Negotiation with suppliers, and managing both customers and internal stakeholders
- Reporting on factory / production activity
- Maintaining a clean and safe factory environment
- Working in accordance with company procedures
All candidates must have excellent spoken and written English, be IT literate and be eligible to work in the UK. You must have a full UK drivers licence and be comfortable driving a 3.5 ton Luton van.
- Experience of curtain walling / glazing / cladding preferred
- Highly practical with hand tools and good finishing skills, including use of silicones
- Experience of working on practical projects, particularly construction
- Ideally experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Interest in new product development and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational, project management and logistics management
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and quality control
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and completing risk assessment and method statements
Qualifications / training
- Ideally relevant Degree or HND qualified
- Valid CSCS Health and Safety card
- Fork lift licence (training offered for the right candidate)
- IPAF licence (training offered for the right candidate)
- CITB site supervisor (training offered for the right candidate)
- Please apply with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No agencies please