Production & Installation Operative
Do you have excellent hands-on construction expertise? Solardome is looking for someone with knowledge of production engineering, manufacturing and installation of curtain walling/glazing systems to build on customer premises.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to have a key role in a specialist aluminium dome design, manufacturing and construction company. Think Eden Project Biomes but on a smaller scale.
Job role and key responsibilities
- Fabrication and assembly of Solardome components, working with aluminium, glass and plastics.
- Operating machinery, power tools and hand tools competently and safely.
- Packing complete Solardome kits for delivery to customers.
- Stock processing including the reporting of low stock to the line manager to facilitate re-order
- Maintaining factory tools and machinery. Reporting any issues to your line manager.
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety at work, reporting hazards to your line manager
You will take responsibility for quality control throughout the production process. The following areas will fall under your day-to-day tasks.
- Checking and signing off stock coming into the factory for acceptable quality and quantities.
- Checking and signing off quality and quantity of parts fabricated within the factory.
- Ensuring the quality of outgoing Solardome kits.
- Monitoring and reporting any quality issues identified.
- Travelling/driving to customers sites around the UK and sometimes abroad. You will be required to drive the company van. This will require nights away from home.
- Assembling Solardome® glasshouses on pre-prepared bases as part of the team around the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Using problem solving techniques to overcome unexpected issues on-site.
- Working safely at height.
- Working in all weathers.
- Maintaining accurate records of your expenses relating to any work away from home – ensure all receipts (VAT) given to Supervisor in line with company policy.
- Liaising professionally with customers in a polite and considerate manner. Ensuring that your actions on site reflect well on Solardome.
- Responsibility for ensuring the quality of workmanship in relation to erection.
- Ensuring H&S practises relating to site work are practised (i.e. your safety and the safety of others).
- Experience of working in practical role, ideally production/construction related.
- Experience of using hand and power tools
- Confident working at height
- Organised and efficient with an excellent eye for detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own and use initiative to get the job done
- Ability to work well within a team
- Can-do attitude and flexibility
- Full UK driving licence – requirement for the role
Ideally you will have the following, however training is offered for right candidate
- CSCS Health and Safety card
- Fork lift Licence
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
- PASMA certificate
- Depending on Experience
- You will be entitled to 22 days holiday rising up to a maximum of 25 days after 5 years of employment.
- You will be entitled to a company contributory stake holder pension after 3 months of joining.
- Free parking.
- This is a full time position at 37.5 hours per week.
- Site work to be carried out as necessary and will be subject to our normal off-site overtime policy.
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Friday, 8:30am to 2:00pm
- The Operations and Engineering Lead
- Please apply with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No agencies please