Have you got a practical background in product Engineering and an eye for delivering outstanding quality in your team’s work? Are you proactive, a proficient PM, dedicated to continuous improvement and keen for a new challenge with a varied role both running our factory and on site?
The Production Manager is responsible for leading and ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of in-house production, and site builds, this includes liaising with external suppliers and managing production staff.
The Production Manager will plan, manage, implement, and monitor all production KPI’s, processes, protective and preventative safety measures, and promote and instil a positive and high-quality culture within the workplace.
The role is mainly factory based with approximately 50% of the time spent on the factory floor and the rest of the time split between Project Management office work and going to installations to lead the team on the larger dome projects.
This is a challenging position helping to take the company to the next level and as such you’ll have the opportunity to make this role your own. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will need to show leadership qualities, be accountable and be able to hit the ground running in a small but growing business where you can really make a difference.
Job role and key responsibilities
- Manage the daily production activities, hold meetings, carry out training and keep records
- Ensure all assembled components are made to high quality standards
- Ensure orders are project managed effectively and delivered/installed on time
- Prioritise and manage production, site installation and spares/repairs processes
- Lead the team by example in the factory and on site to ensure deadlines are meet
- Be the primary contact for all warranty claims
- Be the primary contact for all aspects of product design – liaising with external designers
- Be the primary contact for technical sales and support the sales/marketing team
- Assist the Quality Manager to achieve accreditation ISO9001 and maintain BS EN1090 standards
- Comply with and promote company procedures and policies.
- Drive Continuous Improvement across design and production departments
- Line Management & training for direct reports
- Promote and instil company values and positive culture
- Recommend new methods/materials to improve products and/or reduce cost
- Project management and team task allocation – using Monday.com
- Installation scheduling
- Project reporting
- KPI monitoring & ensuring quality standards met
- Technical support for the sales department
- Warranty claims and repairs
- Management of Stock Control policy and procedures
- Ensuring H&S adhered to – in the factory and on installations/site
- Management of all areas related to Production and Installation
- HR for Production staff
- Drive positive change & innovation
- Leading the Factory/Install team where required
- PRO dome project management and support
Skills and experience
- Engineering background – minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Production Management experience with a minimum three years’ line management
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS 9100
- Experience of meeting fixed project deadlines
- Be commercially aware
- Strategic with a pragmatic approach
- Be organised with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Be a practical hands-on leader
- Experience of CAD– 2D and 3D (using Solidworks) and engineering drawings
- IT literate – experience using PM software i.e., Monday.com, and Word, Outlook and Excel
- Full UK Driving license
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Construction/Site build experience – IPAF, PASMA, CSCS cards
- Fork lift licence
- Experience of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Salary circa £35,000 per annum – depends on skills and experience.
- Leave – 22 days plus bank holidays
- 3% contributory pension and bonus scheme following 3 months employment
- Free Car parking
- Nature reserve opposite the offices
- This is a full time permanent position at 37.5 hours per week
- 6-month probation
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Friday, 8:30am to 2:00pm or as required by the needs of the company. Site work as required.
- Managing Director
- Please apply here. No agencies please